I bought the most amazing strawberries today and they are so healthy for you!
Here are just a few of those healthy reasons:
- Strawberries have a plethora of phytonutrients that have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and heart-protective qualities.
- Strawberries are filled with Vitamin C
- 1 Cup has 136% of your daily value of Vitamin C!
- Vitamin C is beneficial for numerous reasons: boosts immune function, acts as an antioxidant to fight free radicals that can cause cancers and various other diseases, lowers blood pressure, and can defend against cataracts
- Strawberries have a good deal of manganese
- 1 Cup has over 21% of your daily value of manganese
- Manganese is mainly for bone health: it ensures healthy bone structure, bone metabolism, helping in building essential enzymes for building bones
- Strawberries have fiber! Americans eat on average 10-20 grams less than they should on a daily basis, so to get up to 25 grams/day, add some berries into your diet!
- 1 Cup of strawberries has 13.2% of your daily value of fiber, about 3.31 grams
- Fiber is beneficial for many reasons: bowel integrity, lowers cholesterol, helps stabilize blood sugar, can stave off hunger and help weight loss