· 1 ½ Cups Mixed Dhal
· 16 oz. (1lb) Spinach
· 1 Onion, chopped
· ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
· 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
· ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
· 1 tsp Garam Masala
· 1 tsp Salt
· ½ tsp Chili Powder
· 2 TB Ghee
1. Wash the dhal and soak. Then wash the spinach and chop finely
1. Boil 3 cups of water and add the dhal, turmeric, salt, and chili. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and keep at medium heat until most of the moisture has been soaked up.
1. Meanwhile heat ghee and fry the onions, mustard seeds and cumin seeds till golden.
2. Stir into the dhal and spinach with a teaspoon of garam masala.
3. Keep on a moderate heat until cooked through. If the contents are dry and catching on the pan, add a little water
4. Serve hot with rice of choice