- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet
- Add onions and red bell pepper to the oil and sauté until slightly brown
- Add garlic and cumin-stir for about 1 minute, until it is all mixed together
- Transfer the items from the skillet to the slow cooker.
- Add the beans and chipotle peppers to the mixture
- Add 7 Cups of hot water to the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high until beans are tender-should take about 6 hours.
- Transfer 2 cups bean mixture to blender; puree until smooth.
- Return puree to remaining soup in slow cooker
- Stir in lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper.